- Navigating your way around in elementary OS
- System settings
Navigating your way around in elementary OS
- Applications Menu (Slingshot) – Hosts and organizes all your software application shortcuts
- Dock (Plank) – Hosts your favorite or frequently used software applications
- Panel – Host important applets with drop-down menu that control key functions on your computer
None of us like a cluttered desktop when multi-tasking which elementary handles brilliantly with discretion. When triggered the whole desktop will slide up to reveal the Workspaces feature. You can add as many as you like. You can easily toggle between each workspace where you might be browsing the Internet on one, listening to music on the other and write some notes on the third.
System settings in elementary OS is the equivalent of the Windows “Control Panel”. It can be accessed from the “Slingshot” Applications Menu and gives you complete control over your computers appearance, security and privacy, peripheral controls as well as many other functions and tweaks. It is also extremely intuitive.
- Brightness and Lock: Change the level of brightness and customize lock settings.
- Defaults: Set your default applications.
- Desktop: Change your desktop background or add your own.
- Language: Set/Change your locale, timezone and system wide language.
- Privacy: Edit your privacy settings for recent files, files, applications and diagnostics.
- Start-up Applications: Select which applications that should start with your computer.
- Additional Drivers: Search for and update your hardware drivers (graphic card etc.).
- Color: Calibrate screen colors.
- Display: Change your displays resolution.
- Keyboard: Edit your shortcuts, behavior, layout and options.
- Mouse and Touch-pad: Settings for your mouse or touch-pad (pointer speed, drag and drop, double-click timeout)
- Power: Change when your computer should go to sleep or what should happen if you press the power button.
- Printers: Settings for your printer.
- Sound: Settings for the output, input sound and sound effects, sound for applications.
- Wacom Graphical Tablet: Configure your Wacom tablet.
- Bluetooth: Activate bluetooth, visibility and connected devices.
- Network: General settings for wireless, wired and network proxy.
- About: Information about your computer.
- Time & Date: Time and date, clock, location settings.
- Universal Access: Settings for the visually impaired and hard of hearing , (enhanced typing, pointing and clicking).
- User Accounts: Add other users and modify personal user accounts